We strive to provide you with a dynamic, interactive experience on all our Platforms. It is our aim to keep you informed and entertained by presenting you with the latest and most relevant news and content. One of the ways we do this is by analyzing information we collect and receive from you in order to determine what you might be interested in. This helps us develop more engaging content and provide advertising that is more suited to you and more effective for advertisers, which enables us to keep most of our services free.
You must be older than 13 years old to use our Platforms. If you are below 18 years old, you must get permission from your parent or guardian before you use our Platforms or give us your personal information.
We collect and receive information about you in the following ways:
1 Information you give us
This includes any information that you provide to us directly, whether through our Platforms or via phone, sms, fax or any other medium, this may include information you give to us:
- by filling in forms on our Platforms. Like when you sign-up for an account or when you subscribe or register to use services on our Platforms;
- when you enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey;
- by posting comments or content on our Platforms;
- when you purchase one of our products or services;
- when you contact us and when you otherwise provide information directly to us.
2 Information we collect or receive when you use our Platforms, products or services
We collect information when you use our Platforms or services by using cookies, web beacons and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use our Platforms, we may receive:
- Log information (for example information about your interactions with our Platforms and other services you use, the content you view and the search queries you submit);
- Information we infer about you based on your interaction with our products and services;
- Device information (for example the type of device you’re using, how you access our Platforms, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address);
- Location information (for example, your device’s GPS signal and information about nearby WiFi networks and cell towers. We get this information when you use location-enabled services).
3 Information from third-party sources
We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways. We may also receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services while using our Platforms.
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
1 To provide you with information, products or services you request from us.
2 To communicate with you. We may want to notify you about changes to our Platforms or provide you with information about competitions, products or services that we feel may interest you.
3 To be effective and relevant in the services we provide you. We want to ensure that content from our Platforms is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and for the device you use. We also want to provide you with content that you are likely to find relevant and engaging.
4 To provide effective advertising. Many of our Platforms are supported by advertising. We want to enhance our users’ experience by serving ads that may be useful to them. Some of the ways we do this are by:
- showing you ads based on your online activities, such as the websites and apps you use or the content you viewed, as well as data we have collected about you, data that you have provided to us, or data that we have received from third-party sources;
- limiting the number of times you see the same ad; and
- measuring the effectiveness of the ads we serve.